Friday, January 15, 2010

What is your favorite cigar band?

It's Friday! Hope you will be able to enjoy the warmer weather this weekend with a cigar.

There are thousands of cigar bands out there. Some huge, small, near the head, on the foot, glued to the cigar itself, graphic, simple, classic and some bands from cigarbid.com are scotch-taped together.

I've seen a few cigar bands and the one I like best is the Oliva Master Blends III (I or II are about the same too). Here is a link that shows the colorful and graphic band:

http://www.olivacigar.com/cigars_master.aspx

Do you have a favorite cigar band?

Take care-
Joe

3 comments:

  1. When I first read this I was thinking "What band members do I know that smoke cigars"? I guess it pays to read the whole thing.

    Good question. I absolutley hate bands that are thin and tear apart easily (so that leaves out ANY Gurkha. I like to keep mine so I like the thicker bands. That being said, there is something to be said for the artistry of the band (much like the old vinyl album covers or CD covers). When I take everything into account I would say some great ones are the CAO Crillio (very rustic looking), Man o War is just cool looking, La Aroma De Cuba is very nice and so is the new RP 1961 with the Tobacco leaf on it. But my favorite right now it the HC series from Xikar. From the little tab to help you take the band off, to the name clearly printed on the band to the awesome make me want to relax on the beach palm trees, hands down my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting question.

    I like the OneOff band. No, I am not tree-hugging, dirty hippie, I just like the super simplicity of it. (And I know when I see it that I am going to enjoy the smoke.)

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my favorite cigar band is from the LA AROMA DE CUBA,such detail,it amazing. And another one of my favorites is from the PADILLA SIGNATURE 32 SERIES, I think it is very elegent

    ReplyDelete