Thursday, October 21, 2010

Review: Nording by Rocky Patel 94/100

Brand: Nording by Rocky Patel
Blend: Mexican Binder, Nicaraguan Filler, Costa Rican Maduro Wrapper
Size: 6 x 56
Origin: Honduras
Source: Alcorn Cigars
Body: Medium
Strength: Medium

Matt picked up a box of these from Alcorn Cigars for me. I’ve been wanting a box of these for quite some time—and I now wonder why I waited so long.

Appearance: 10/10
Very dark and oily. This is one of the best looking cigars I have ever had in my humidor.
Construction: 10/10
Nearly perfect. Fairly heavy for its size. Very small, almost invisible, veins (if any at all on some of them). Well made, for sure.
Burn: 9/10
I had a few relight issues with a couple of these cigars, however, these relights were while I was smoking on the golf course (fairly windy).
Aroma: 9/10
The prominent aroma for me (and flavor, for that matter) is toast.
Draw: 10/10
I had no draw issues with any of these cigars. The draw on the Nording is exactly what I want from any other cigar I smoke.
Flavor: 8/10
Again, the most prominent flavor throughout to me is toast, with hints of sweetness towards the middle to finish. Given this cigar's appearance, though, I almost expect a little more spice.
Availability/Cost: 8/10
In stock at Alcorn’s (decent online availability, too). $6-$7 a stick.
Personal Experience: 30/30
This is one of my favorite Rocky Patel cigars. They are well made, taste great, burn well, have a great draw, and I think they are priced right. Can’t ask for much more.

2 comments:

  1. Now that is some Bad-assery! Nice review Adam. I can attest to the score of these. This is an excellent afternoon cigar. January 1, these will be mine. Oh yes, they will be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, nice review. I've received one on the golf course from you and another in a trade and I've smoked one so far and my experience is in line with you review.

    Did a little research, to make sure I was not crazy, and it does sound like the band changed on the Nordings this year to a silver and orange double band. Here is a link to stogiereview.com's review, which includes a picture on both the new and old band:

    http://www.stogiereview.com/2010/09/04/nording-by-rocky-patel-2/

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete