Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tatuaje "The Face" Review

*photo by Tatuaje

Cigar Name: Tatuaje “The Face”
Wrapper: Mexican
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Size: Figurado 6-3/8” x 56
Strength: Full
Body: Full
Price: $13.00/each. (limited release)

Smoking Time: About 1 hour and 30 minutes

You probably know that I love Tatuaje cigars. I can only remember two cigars that have been made by Pete Johnson/Don Pepin Garcia that have been disappointing. This cigar is the 2010 version of the MONSTER series that Tatuaje releases every Halloween. I was lucky enough that my wife got me a box for my birthday. You can read more about it on
tatuajecigars.com.

Appearance: This is a very rustic looking cigar. Very oily and almost chocolate in color. What makes it stand out is the “label”. As part of the Monster series, this was named after Leatherface from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. As you can see from the picture, it has a lighter colored band to represent the face of the legend. Very cool. 10/10

Construction: Of the 6 I have had, there were only one problem. It didn’t last long enough. This is a fairly dense cigar with no soft spots. I couldn’t have asked for anything more. 10/10

Burn: This thing held a fire for a long time. On two of them, I had to set them down for extended periods of time to eat, do something for my wife or something like that and it held the flame for a good 5-7 minutes. No touch-ups at all. 10/10!

Aroma: Lots of chocolate and lots of leather. It was a great combo. 9/10

Draw: Perfect. Smooth, no hot boxes. 10/10!

Flavor: Tons of chocolate, spice and nuts. VERY complex and different flavors just kept bombarding me. AWESOME 10/10

Availability: Aye, there is the rub. Only 666 boxes of 13 were made and they sold out in a week. Also, the price is on the high end for a cigar but 7/10

Personal Overall Experience: Freakin loved it. This was my favorite cigar that I had for 2010. I only wish there were more of them to have. Man, do I love these. 30/30.

Total: 96/100

Matt

1 comment:

  1. Nice review Matt. I've never heard of this cigar before. I like the marketing for sure.

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete