Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What are you smoking this week?

The weather is a tad warmer and I've been taking adavtage of it by enjoying some really amazing cigars.

Saturday I had a XIKAR HC Connecticut shade lonsdale--the last of the HCs I got on my trip to Kansas City. This cigar was superb and my first lonsdale.

Sunday I smoked a fantastic Padilla Series '68 robusto. I beleive Jeff gave this one to me-and I thank you, Jeff. This was my favorite in the past week. A 10 rating without a doubt.

Yesterday I beleive I enjoyed my first Alec Bradley Tempest. It was an Inceptio (46 x 5 5/8) and a fantastic full bodied cigar that I will have to try in a bigger ring gauge.

Today I had an Oliva O Maduro robusto while finishing a book. Always a fantastic cigar.

If the cards fall just right I will partake in my last 5 Vegas Miami M5 (5.5 x 55) tomorrow evening. This is another remarkable smoke.

So, life is good. What are you all enjoying this week?

Take care-
Joe

4 comments:

  1. The Alec Bradley Tempest is probably my favorite of his. I really wish he would not use photos of himself in his cigar ads, though, or maybe wear a different shirt or something.

    So, I guess you'd pick the O over the V, Joe?

    I smoked a Macanudo Diplomat today. Bought five of them quite some time ago, smoked one, was unimpressed, so I threw them towards the back of the humidor and forgot about them.

    I must say that I was somewhat pleased with the one I smoked today. It was not a superb cigar by any stretch, but not bad (I have yet to be really impressed with any Macanudo). It's taste did not change much after I lit it, fairly bland, but good draw & good burn.

    I was carefully cutting the old worn out tires off of my Impala rims while smoking it (no tire machine @ the shop-don't even get me started), so the bay was full of wonderful burnt rubber smell and rubber smoke--it is quite possible (likely) this helped the Diplomat along.

    If there is a lesson here, I guess it would be: to help improve the taste of less than great cigars, burn rubber while smoking them (or maybe simply shy away from Macanudos).

    I hope to smoke an RP Sungrown tomorrow while installing my new tires (that cost more than I paid for the Jeep I drive on a daily basis).

    This warmer weather has given me the golf itch really, really bad. Looking forward to the first cigar on the golf course in 2010--let me know where and when the tee time is, Joe.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The TempUS (sorry, I misspelled above) will be revisited. I went on his website and did not see a picture of him. I'll check out my cigar magazines tonight. Wierd marketing strategy.

    If I ever try to smoke a Victor Sinclair again, I'll burn all of the rubber I can find.

    Adam-Going to start driving the Impala or sell it?

    Looks like rain this weekend, but a tee-time needs to be soon. I'm ready to play. How about a driving range that's under cover? Anyone down for that? We'd still be smoking cigars and hitting golf balls.

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to drive it. Evidently no one wants to be buy it, so to hell with it--I might as well enjoy it.

    And yes, the covered (& heated) driving range is brilliant--let me know when. I know of one in Valley Park.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have only had a couple of cigars this week. (I am trying to ration remember) Sunday I was lucky enough to enjoy a 5 Vegas Cask strength and last night I was able to drive home (through God awful fog) with a CAO Italia mini (4x30 - I think). What a great little quick smoke.

    I can't wait until Sunday. Well, and tomorrow morning. I love going down to the basement and opening the humi to pick out the cigar to end my work week!

    ReplyDelete