Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tatuaje Red Tubo (Veracu)

Tatuaje Red Tubo (Veracu)
Origin: Nicaragua
Size: 6" x 52 Torpedo
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Filler & Binder: Nicaragua
Body: Medium to Full
Strength: Medium to Full

The blood red tube this came in is quite the presentation. Easily one of the more impressive tubes I have seen. I opened up the tube to reveal a VERY rough looking torpedo. It seemed like it was rolled in a rush with very little attention to detail. Some soft and some hard spots throughout and several holes throughout the wrapper (it didn't effect the taste but still).

While the cigar looked bad it tasted great! Lots of coffee, lots of spice. However, the burn on this was so bad I almost considered throwing it out. Five relights and lots of unhappy faces I was making.

I have 2 more to try and I am praying that the first one was a fluke.

6/10
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Let us know on the other 2--seems like proper aging might do some good. Sounds like burn was the only real downfall.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete