Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cigar Review: Gispert Churchill

Cigar Name: Gispert
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Binder: Honduran
Filler: Honduran and Nicaraguan long fillers
Size: Churchill (7x54)
Strength: Mild
Body: Mild
Price: $2.xx to $4.xx depending on website or store. Alcorn's lists a box of Churchills (25) for $107.85.
Smoking Time: About 1 hour and 15 minutes

Gispert Cigars are handmade by Altadis in Honduras. Harold at Alcorn Cigars (cigarsnmore.com) was nice enough to give us at OCCS five of these cigars to review. Reading up on Gispert cigars, I've found out that they are billed as a mild, daytime and a value cigar. I've smoked all five and here is my review:

Appearance: Very nice looking Connecticut shade wrappers with a decent looking red, white and gold band. The ring gauge on these Churchills are 54. Very good looking cigars. 9/10

Construction: Some large seems, but an overall excellent made cigar. 9/10

Burn: 10/10!

Aroma: A light and sweet tobacco aroma. Very pleasant. 8/10

Draw: 10/10!

Flavor: The cigar does not taste bad. That being said, I score this cigar low on the flavor rating because of lack of flavor. On a three of the cigars, I couldn't even tell that I had lit the cigar until smoke came flowing out of my mouth-it was like smoking air. At times, the cigars seemed almost flavorless. 6/10

Availability: 10/10

Personal Overall Experience: I've seen these cigars around since I started smoking cigars but have never tried one. They are very mild cigars and are great for a light morning smoke or to hand out to friends that may not be into the stronger cigars. The lack of any consistent flavor was its only downfall for me. 23/30.

Total: 85/100

Take care-
Joe

2 comments:

  1. Not a bad score for our firt Sponsor Cigar.

    Thanks again to Matt for getting this set up.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing. Way to go Herold at Alcorns for a nice little treat.

    ReplyDelete