Monday, August 16, 2010

Cigar Review: Blue Label Corona

Cigar Name: Blue Label
Wrapper: Habano (Honduran)
Binder: Corojo
Filler: Honduran, Nicaraguan and Domincan
Size: Corona (6x44)
Strength: Medium
Body: Medium
Price: $2.xx depending on website or about $45 for a box of 20.
Smoking Time: About 50 minutes

Blue Label cigars are made by Gran Habano in Honduras and come in churchill, corona, torpedo and robusto sizes. I've bought a sampler (8 cigars) on Cigarbid, which contained all of these sizes. The corona was my favorite and I've since bought a couple of 5-packs and I just finished my last one tonight.

Appearance: Medium-brown colored wrapper with some veins that didn't cause any worries. The band is black and gold but mainly blue and slightly embossed-simple and good looking. I think they were triple capped none had visible wrapper tears or holes. The cigars had a slight bumpy look to them. Nothing special, but a decent looking cigar. 7/10

Construction: I believe they were triple capped. When squeezed, the cigars were solid and had a slight give that promised a solidly rolled cigar. No soft spots were found on any of the cigars and the foot of each looked great with tightly packed tobacco. 9/10

Burn: I had to re-light a few here and there and had some uneven burns, but overall a good burn. (The one I had tonight I had to re-light once and do a touch-up.) 7/10

Aroma: Great aroma. Scents of cedar and spice (cinnamon???) and a light sweetness (vanilla???). Very pleasant. 10/10

Draw: Great. Fantastic. Draw of thick smoke with every puff. 10/10

Flavor: Cedar, that spice (cinnamon???) and a slight vanilla taste. Great balance and consistent from start to finish. 10/10

Availability: I've never seen them in a brick-and-mortar, but they can be found on Cigarbid.com and CigarsInternational.com at all times. 10/10

Personal Overall Experience: Great. The price, quality, and the cigar's consistency make this a great cigar to keep on hand. An overall very relaxing smoke. The burn issues weren't that bad and I really enjoyed every one I smoked. I will try my best to buy more with every Cigarbid purchase I make as you can't go wrong with the Blue Label. 25/30

Total Score: 88/100

Take care-
Joe

1 comment:

  1. Nice review, Joe. I always forget about this cigar for some reason, and I thank you for your reminder of what an inexpensive treat they are.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete