Friday, February 25, 2011

Gran Habano Corojo Vintage 2002


Cigar Name: Gran Habano Corojo Vintage 2002
Wrapper:
Nicaraguan-grown Corojo
Binder:
Nicaragua and Dominican
Filler:
Nicaragua and Dominican
Size: Robusto 5x50
Strength: Medium-Full
Body: Medium-Full
Price: $39.99/20 (bundle)

Smoking Time: About 1 hour

Jeff introduced me to this cigar a couple of months ago and when my self imposed ban lifted, I picked up a bundle as they are pretty reasonably prices. I actually got mine for less than $2.00/each on Cigarbid.

Appearance: This is a decent looking cigar. It has a cedar wrapper that makes it look more elegant and sets a nice contrast to the reddish brown wrapper. This cigar has very few veins and is very oily. 8/10


Construction: For such a value cigar, this is extremely well made. The cap is even and there are no soft spots or blemishes. 9/10

Burn: I would not call this a razor edge burn, but it is pretty even. 9/10!

Aroma: Very earthy with some hay and grass. Not like a lot of corojos I have had where you get hit with a lot of spice. Very pleasant. 8/10

Draw: Pretty good. Nothing wrong with it at all 10/10!

Flavor: Like the Aroma, it is very earthy. Not a lot of spice but enough to keep you interested. It is however, pretty one dimensional. 7/10

Availability: Only online, but for the price, it’s not bad. 8/10

Personal Overall Experience: Good. Like I said though, it was pretty one dimensional. It wasn’t a flavor bomb but a good everyday smoke. I would put it one step up from a “yard gar” and will be a regular staple in my humidor. Heck for less than $2.00 each you really can’t go wrong. 24/30.

Total: 83/100

Matt

1 comment:

  1. Our group's Cigar Savant introduced these cigars to me awhile back as well. It's difficult to find a better smoke at this price point, for sure.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete