Sunday, January 10, 2010

January Meeting & Devil's Weed Review

Those of us that braved the cold were rewarded with superb company, great food, and a pretty good smoke--Devil's Weed. I chose to smoke the Churchill, and I thought the flavor remained pretty consistent from start to finish. Devil's Weed is far from the powerhouses I tend to enjoy the most, but it is tasty nonetheless. I picked up quite a bit of caramel and bread flavors. Well made, even burn, great draw, and no relights for me. A definite repeat. 8.9/10

Rich & John--we missed you, and I will get your Devil's Weeds to you at the February Meeting (provided you both come out of hibernation by then).

Sad to hear that this meeting was likely the last we'll see of our regular waitress, Jess.

We should give serious consideration, as we discussed, to bringing a deck of cards/board game when our meetings are held at Growler's, and I will do my best to remember to bring a few real ashtrays.

Great to see everyone, and I am looking forward to Jeffro's Meeting next month.

Adam

3 comments:

  1. Another excellent OCCS meeting at Growler’s. It was wonderful to enjoy a cigar out of the Arctic weather. Thanks for the Devil’s Weed cigar, Adam. (…and the 5 Vegas AAA) The Devil’s Weed was a pleasant cigar to smoke. My Churchill burned even and more importantly, the draw was great. Just to the milder side of medium bodied with tastes of tea that sneaked in a sweet flavor here and there. Very relaxing and easy cigar to enjoy. I give this boutique cigar a 7.5/10. I’d recommend this cigar in a robusto size over the Churchill because it was not very complex and stayed the same throughout.

    Games and cards-I’m in. I hope the weather is better for next meeting so all can attend. Take care everyone-

    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to smoking my other Devils weed as well. I had some wrapper issues that took away from the enjoymnet but it was a good cigar nonetheless. 7.0 (only because the wrapper was unraveling the last half). Adam, thanks for letting me experience one of the COOLEST named cigars out there. Love it.

    As far as the games and cards go that is just one MORE reason to have a club house. Come on spring!!!!!

    Also, Jess did say that she would come to Growlers a month from that meeting (I guess that would be the 5th?) so if we might get one more meeting of Jess, she just won't be serving us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. devils weed ,what an awesome smoke. 9/10 the aroma was incredible, i got a very small hint of sweetness ,even burn ,was a nice LOOKING cigar too. good to see everyone.bummer about jessie,hopefully she can come and visit..was a great night...........happy smoking everyone.........jeff

    ReplyDelete