Saturday, August 1, 2009

july meeting

Well another night at Growlers has passed. It was good to see everyone once i got parked that is. And Jess is the icing on the cake. Anyway, This months selection,the DARK KNIGHT, is also one of my favs. medium bodied almost tasted of grapes,kinda sweet. tiny bit spicy,but not to much. 8/10.Second choice for the evening was a PERDOMO RESERVE DOUBLE EAGLE. Medium to full,very smooth with a hint of ceder. not to spicy and a very enjoyable smoke. All in all it was a great evening with my best friends. Happy smoking jeff

3 comments:

  1. It was indeed great to see everyone, and I'm glad Greg and Rich joined us. Thanks for the movie, Jeff ("The Limey"--pretty good flick!!).
    I give the Dark Knight a 9/10.
    I give Jess a 9.75/10.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cigars, good company, cuban sandwich, Cardinals come from behind win...can't get much better than that. Dark Night-smooth draw, mild smoke and an oily wrapper that got better as I smoked. 7.5/10.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark Knight, I give about an 8.5/10. The flavor, spice and taste was there, but I had a couple of issues with the burn. I had to relight twice. That could be due to the Cuban sandwitch though.

    Now the Second smoke was my tops for the night. The Nub Maduro. I would have to agree with everything said about it. 10/10. My only complaint is that it is not a longer smoke (yes, I know that defeats the purpose of the Nub).

    ReplyDelete