Friday, August 7, 2009

Review Rocky Patel Renaissance Robusto

Man do I love Fridays. I usually pick out something nice for the drive into work and today is no exception. I chose the Rocky Patel Renaissance Robusto, 5x50. Prelight I noticed some oil on the wrapper with a somewhat veiny apparance. Aromas of spice and seimi sweet. On the light same aromas. Good draw with an uneven burn that corrected itself both times without relighting. Just the right amount of medium to almost full body throughout the smoke and a sweet aftertaste on the palate after the draw. 9/10

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Jeffro gave me one of those a couple of months ago, and I agree with you--a GREAT smoke!!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because of your review, I purchased one at my Friday after work stop at JRs in Clayton. What a beautiful looking cigar...oily with a dark brindle/veiny wrapper. Pre-light taste was spicey an that spiciness stayed while smoking. Medium/full bodied with hints of cream and nuts too. Great draw (I was in heaven after the Victor Sinclair...). An uneven burn for first 10 minutes of smoking, but evened out after that. 9/10
    -Joe

    ReplyDelete