Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bahia Blu L600 Toro Review

Another cigarbid.com purchase. 5-pack for $11, so $2.20 per cigar. 6.0" x 50 ring gauge. Smoking time-50 minutes. The cigar had a decent looking, not too impressive or oily, corojo wrapper. Pre-light smell and taste were of cedar and a little spiciness.
-The first ¼ of the cigar was medium-full bodied, thick smoke, spicy and cedar tastes dominating and a cool-even burn.
-The second ¼ of the cigar dropped to medium bodied and turned to a rich/sweet flavor, but the cedar notes were still present in the background. Still thick cool smoke at this point as well and the burn remained even.
-¾ of the way gone, the smoke is still thick, even burn and the cedar notes are starting to move back to the forefront again and while the sweet notes drop to the background a little. At this point the smoke is becoming a little hot.
-The great draw and thick smoke remained for last ¼ of the cigar. The smoke is hot at this point and I could almost be given up on it, but I take my time and smoke on. The cedar notes are back with a vengeance along with a bit of a resin/chocolate flavor.

Besides the ok looking wrapper and the hot burn towards the end, this was a pretty decent cigar. Complex in flavors, good draw, even burn throughout and $2.20. Not bad at all, and could be a decent every day smoke. This was cigar 2 of 5 and both were pretty good. I’d recommend trying for sure.

7.9/10 (I'd rate it higher, but I'll wait until I have smoked all 5. The consistancy is there so far, but the price has me a little skeptical.)
-Joe

4 comments:

  1. Joe, you may have to become our official reviewer. That is an excellent read. Very descriptive. I have never heard of Baha Blue. Any idea who makes it or where it comes from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the cigar's web address:
    http://www.bahiacigars.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Matt. Me likey da pritty werds.

    Quite the loquacious, yet beguiling, cigar review, my good man. I must admit, after all that, I expected a higher rating, but I do not question the taste of my fellow OCCS members.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I smoked my Bahia while I was mowing this past weekend and was very plesantly surprised. I am a big fan of the corojo wrappers and this one did not dissapoint. 8/10

    ReplyDelete