Friday, August 7, 2009

Rocky Patel Autumn Collection-2008 Review

So far, my cigarbid.com experience (two orders) has been pretty good. I recently purchased quite a few samplers and tried to stick with cigars I have yet to try. One such cigar I purchased was very good indeed—the Rocky Patel Autumn Collection 2008. As I was unpacking all of my cigars, the Connecticut wrapper and the Churchill size, 7” x 50 ring gauge, stood out from the pack. I had to try one right away. Beautiful Connecticut Shade wrapper that smelled somewhat sweet. After lighting, I was in 45 minutes of blissful solitude. This was one of the creamiest and smoothest cigars I have yet to try. There was an earthy taste here and there as well, like toasted walnuts or something. Medium bodied. The draw was excellent, but the burn was a little uneven for the first half of the cigar. What a pleasant cigar! I hope there will be a 2009 edition…
$4.20/cigar and a rating of 9.5/10

-Joe

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear cigarbid.com is treating you right. You know, they also sell (larger) humidors on the site...

    These last two reviews got me thinking--have any of you had a cigar by RP that you did not rate at 8.5 or higher? (the 8.5 rating being the line at which I personally draw for making the particular cigar a repeat or not)

    Every RP I have smoked has scored at least an 8.5.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure I have not had a bad Rocky Patel. Consistancy will keep me coming back and makes me want to try different cigars by RP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I had was the Diesel by RP. The taste was okay, but the burn was AWFUL! It litterally burned up one half of the cigar and not the other. I would not mind trying another one just to compare, but I can't seem to find them. You are right though Adam, VERY consistant and almost always a great value. I can't say I have ever felt I overpaid for a RP cigar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is a great smoke. It reminded me a lot of the Rocky Signature series. Rich, creamy and spicy at just the right times. Thanks Joe!

    ReplyDelete