Monday, August 17, 2009

August meeting and cigar review

Thanks to everybody that was there on Friday. As always, Jeff was a great host, Joe came through with the pizza, Adam brought the soda and I brought the smokes.

Oh, about that smoke. Rocky Patel Sungrown Torpedo 6x52. One of my favorites. Prelight aroma of cedar and spice. Perfect oily wrapper, firm but not solid. On lighting with my trusty Zippo, beautiful thick white smoke came billowing out and caught my nose with the spice (pepper) and on the roll I found there to be very earthy, minerally notes. Almost like wet earth in a cave. Flawless smoke from foot to tip and burnt my fingers again. 9/10

Matt

1 comment:

  1. It was indeed good to see everyone again at the meeting.

    Thanks again, Jeff, for use of your place & first movie, thanks to Joe for picking up the surprisingly delicious pizza, and thanks to Matt for the second movie, and of course for the Sungrown--also one of my RP favorites. Easy 9/10

    I'm already counting the days until our next meeting (and don't forget Poker the next night).

    Adam

    ReplyDelete