Friday, August 7, 2009

REVIEW: Victor Sinclair Series 55 Sun Grown

Well, I picked up a sampler of these guys about a year ago for next to nothing (admit it--everyone has been lured in by the cheap prices at least once!). I tried one when I first received them and was very unimpressed--terrible burn, poor draw, very harsh tasting. So I left them in the humidor for a year, thinking they may improve/mellow with some time. Nope. Terrible smoke from start to finish. Don't waste your time or money. On a similar note, most, if not all, of the Victor Sinclair cigars I have had have been poor to fair. Don't waste your time or money. 0/10

Adam

3 comments:

  1. I just picked up a 5 pack of Victor Sinclair Connecticut Yankee Robusto on cigarbid.com for $11. The cigar looked mean-oily with lots of 'hairs' and a thick leathery feel. The taste was decent with hints of chocolate, but the draw was terrible...I might as well have been trying to smoke a chair leg. Nothing bothers me more than a terrible draw (I think my jowl muscles are still sore). I tried Matt's suggestion of using an ice pick to poke a hole down the middle of the cigar, but it did not help a bit. I have 4 more to smoke, unfortunately. .5/10.
    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd try leaving them in the humidor for a few months before trying one again (but don't get your hopes us).

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch man. A 0/10. Not even a 1 for being a cigar? I have had one VS and it was the 10th anniversary. I hope they don't make it to the 11th. Not very good. You can find much better smokes out there for the price point they are trying to run with.

    ReplyDelete