Saturday, August 8, 2009

Recent JR visit...

Stopped by JRs after work Friday as usual. The guys that work there are extremely helpful and know there stuff. Anyway, what's what...

They have a box of the limited Oliva V series torpedo with the Maduro wrapper (the other Oliva Vs have the Nicaraguan wrapper). Have you all had one of them? It was around $11, so I bought a RP Renaissance instead. But almost splurged. Let me know if anybody would like me to pick one up before next weeks meeting.

Also, I asked if any events were coming up and they mentioned that Rocky himself will be there on a Friday afternoon in mid October. Rocky will be releasing two new cigars and will be promoting them at the store. I'll keep you posted once they know more details. They will also be selling raffle tickets for around $25 for a 40 someodd inch flat screen TV at the event. I don't need a TV, but I'll probably take a half day at work and head over.

One of the clerks said to try a blind taste test with the Indian Tobac Cameroon Legend Maduro against the CAO Brazilia. He swears that they are so similar that the price difference, the IT wins hands down. Worth a try.

-Joe

3 comments:

  1. That is unreal. Yes--keep us posted on this for sure. We must convince Rocky to run for President.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing--I will bring the CAO Brazillias if someone else wants to bring the IT Cameroon Legend Maduros (I must admit that I will have to try this to believe it)...

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read that one of the new cigars that Rocky is coming out with is a blend that he worked on with his brother. Can anyone guess what blend that was? Hit it has alredy been released under a different name.






    Answer: Rocky Patel Winter Blend 08 - SWEET!

    ReplyDelete