Friday, October 9, 2009

Review: Joya de Nicaragua Antano Gran Consul 4.7" x 60

The other day I got a 10 pac of the Joya de Nicaragua Antano Gran Consul 4.7" x 60. I have had one before and really enjoyed it but it had been some time since I have enjoyed another. I will not wait too long again.

This is almost like a Nub in the shape and size but you heard it here first this is a powerhouse. Excellent construction with no soft or hard spots and a blunt torpedo at the end. No veins and very oily. Pre light you get tons of spice and on the first light I made the mistake of keeping my windows rolled down b/c of the rain. The smoke hit my eyes and my eyes started to water baby. Strong, spicy tobacco flavors with lots of pepper and cedar flavors. Not what I would consider complex as the taste stayed the same for the entire smoke (about 50 minutes) but very enjoyable. I had to touch up the burn a little but that could be do to the fact it was raining and I had to compensate with my windows being down then up, down then up. A great way to start the Friday. Especially after last nights Missouri sports disaster. Ugh, don't get me started...

Anyway, great smoke, good value on cigar bid for 3.70 each. 9/10

Matt

1 comment:

  1. A very fine smoke, indeed. Thanks again for giving me one of these to enjoy, Matt.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete