Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cigars in the Movies

I am getting ready to watch one of my top 3 favorite movies of all time: Miller's Crossing (written and directed by Joel and Ethen Cohen). I remembered a scene in the movie that involved a cigar. Here is a link to a video clip of the scene in Miller's Crossing that starts out with the mob boss, played by Albert Finney, enjoying a cigar in bed. He noticed trouble, extinguishes his cigar, puts it in his robe pocket, annihilates all of the assassins with his Tommy gun and then takes his cigar out of his robe to finish it. Awesome! Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IEet3GLWzs

What is your favorite movie scene that involves a cigar? Name as many as you want.

-Joe

5 comments:

  1. It has been so long since I have seen Millers Crossing I forgot how badass that scene is. Thanks Joe.

    As far as my favorites: Arnold S. had a lot of good scenes in many different movies (Commando, Predator, etc.) and so did Clint Eastwood in his early Western days. More recently there was Wolverene in the X-men movies.

    Personally I really like Hellboy. He actually seems to know about cigars and truly appreciates them.

    I also did some research and heard about this movie:

    The ultimate movie about cigars is by no doubt the movie “smoke”, which was written by novelist paul auster and stars Harvey Keitel, William Hurt. a small cigar store in Brooklyn, is where the drama takes place, and thae why cigar lovers, tend to adore this movie.

    Jeff, maybe you can see about getting that for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. got it and it should be next on my list.we should watch this with some CAINS in my opinion.........happy smoking guys....jeff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smoking Cains while watching the movie is a grand idea. And, wouldn't you know it, Matt was just complaining the other day because he had so many cigars in his humidor--including a couple of boxes of Fs. So...

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Who said I was complaining? I was merely stating a fact. My humi just happens to be full. Trust me, I am working on it.

    ReplyDelete