Saturday, October 17, 2009

HC Habano Colorado Review and Outlaw Cigar

Outlaw Cigar was one of the coolest cigar stores I've been in. Giant walk in humidor with every cigar that I've ever heard of and many more. Huge lounge area complete with many leather chairs and couches and big screen TVs...paradise for kicking back and enjoying a stogie. The place was jam packed with cigar enthusiasts looking over the Xikar cutters and lighters and HC cigars. The staff was great. I was there for only a half hour (but could have spent hours looking and enjoying the atmosphere) and two staff members talked to me about HC and cigars in general the entire time. Prices were a little steeper than JRs, but more comparable to Alcorns. I wish it was in our neck of the woods! Wish you all were there too.

HC-Habano Colorado Belicoso
Had to partake as soon as I got home. The wrapper was a bit rough, kind of like the Casa Magna-might be the Colorado wrapper's signature, but the construction was very sound. Upon lighting, pepper-lots of it, was up front and center-wow! May have been the most pepper I've had in a smoke yet. Liked it! Medium to more full bodied and an absolute perfect draw. After 15 minutes or so the pepper died down just a little and hints of chocolate, coffee and must were in the background. The ash was dense, medium-gray in color, solid and held on; the ash did not fall away until almost halfway through and did not fall away for the remainder of the cigar after that-impressive. Slight uneven burn, but no major issues and no relighting or corrections. The best draw a cigar could have. Price was the only issue at $10.25 for the belicoso (robustos were $9). I have to give the HC Habano Colorado a 10/10 rating. The price point makes me want to give it a lower score (cheap guy here), but I won't.

-Joe

3 comments:

  1. Man o man that makes me happy. Now we just need to get a local distributer for these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did any of the reps give you an indication when we will see the HC lines in our local smoke shops?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They did not know if it would come to St. Louis for sure, but they seemed inclined to think so. I was at JRs last night and told them about Outlaws and HC and they were kind of interested in the cigar. They said if they get enough interest, they will usually buy any cigar once and try to sell them. If you all like them and are interested in buying some, I'll relay the message to the guys at JRs-they may just buy some.

    ReplyDelete