Tuesday, December 22, 2009

REVIEW DON PEPIN GARCIA M.F. LE BIJOU 1922

DON PEPIN GARCIA M.F. LE BIJOU 1922
Origin: Nicaragua
Size: PETITE ROBUSTO 4.5" X 50
Wrapper: Ecuadorian-grown Habano Oscuro wrapper
Filler & Binder: Nicaragua
Body: Full
Strength: Medium to Full

My Father Le Bijou 1922 is the new extension to My Father that I reviewed earlier. Insead of a as a tribute to Don Pepin and blended by his son Jaime, Le Bijou is a tribute to Don Pepin’s father. Le Bijou is French for "the Jewel" and what a jewel this is.

While this looks like it may be a short smoke, it is not. I used a full one hour and 20 minutes to burn my fingers. Solid like a rock with no veins, no flaws and a triple cap. This was a tight but not uncomfortable draw. I had the ash about 2 inches before it fell off in my lap. This is a firecracker of a smoke, rich and flavorfull with lots of spice and flavor. Tons of leather and tobacco and earth.

Hold on to your hats, another 10/10.

Matt

1 comment:

  1. Don Pepin seems to know how to make a great cigar. I'll have to try the Le Bijou nad the Mi Barrio. Thanks for the review Matt.

    ReplyDelete