Wednesday, September 9, 2009

REVIEW: RP Edge Lite Torpedo <6 x 52>

Let me first say that I had no intention of buying and smoking an Edge Lite. I stopped in the Discount Smoke Shop on Manchester with my Uncle Dave before hitting the Par 3 Golf Course last Sunday morning (he buys his pipe tobacco there). They actually have a decent size walk-in humidor with a good selection. Anyway, I immediately went for the good old standard RP Edge, and I mistakenly picked up an RP Edge Lite (hadn't had my coffee yet, still kind of in a fog).

I was nothing short of pissed when we arrived at the golf course and I went to cut my RP Edge and realized it was an RP Edge Lite. Needless to say, since I had no other options, I cut, lit, and smoked it--and enjoyed every puff.

I noticed very little, if any, similarities between the Edge Lite and the regular Edge (I think this cigar could have been marketed under its own name). The Lite was well made, had a great draw, even burn, with very creamy smoke-but it lacks the spice of the Edge. I would say the Edge Lite is a medium strength, full flavor cigar, and I highly recommend it. 9/10

Adam

2 comments:

  1. I have only had a coule of the lites myself and yes they are very good smokes on their own right, but as Adam said it lacks the "UMPH" of the Edge.

    Adam, when we golf on Wednesday, I will try to remember to get you some good sticks so we don't run the risk of picking up a bad one. It is a 9am start afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Maybe some of your plumed VSGs?

    ReplyDelete