Saturday, September 26, 2009

Cain F Review

Well, I'm still still drooling and a little buzzed, but here is my review.

After cutting, the prelight draw was fantastic and left my lips and tongue tingling-I could tell that this was going to be a spicy cigar. After lighting, the first 5 minutes were very full bodied, peppery and spicy, yet very smooth. Upon exhaling through my nose for the remainder, the peppery-spiciness was in full force, but not harsh or dry. The solid, even-burned light grey ash held together for two inches before falling away. The black pepper was the strong taste throughout, but there were also notes of leather, earth and a sweetness in the far background. A highly enjoyable cigar that left a clean palate. Down to the nub, this cigar was an EXTREMELY smooth smoke.

Before smoking, I had an enchilada meal from the Mexican restaurant down the street, a brownie and a cup of coffee. I'm glad I did because this stogie left me buzzed a little light headed and satisfied. Waring!-May cause a knotted stomach. I'm now ready for a nap.

There are two downsides to the Cain F: 1) it is limited and cannot be bought as a single cigar, 2) for some reason I've already stated that I will share my stash with Matt, Jeff and Adam. I hope you all enjoy as well.

Burn=10.
Draw=10.
Strength=10.
Construction=10.
Taste=10.
Price=$8 ($39.xx pretax for the five pack, but free with a box purchase of the regular Cain habano or maduro-which JRs was kind enough to mix and match me a sampler box.)
Size=Robusto 5 x 50
Burn time=Approximately 1 hour (pretty good for a robusto)

Overall Rating=10

(The picture of the Cain cigars to the left are the maduro and habano torpedoes and 6 x 60s surrounding the F. Click on the picture for Cain's website.)

3 comments:

  1. While I have not smoked it yet the "F" looks like a rock star compared to the Maduro. Smooth, oily and clean head and foot. No visable flaws. Can't wait to have it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a ton for picking these up for me, Joe. I enjoyed the F while outside at the house visiting with the family (during Jill's B-day party). I was just about knocked on my ass by this thing. Peppery, full body, full strength (probably the strongest smoke I have ever had)--to the point it was difficult to roll the smoke of the second half of the cigar. I couldn't wait to smoke the second one, so I did later that night. I literally stumbled back into the house when I finished it. Glorious.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. i smoked an f wednesday night when joe came over. that was just about the most awesome smoke. slow,even burn made it most enjoyable, the flavors were incredible,such spicyness. i actually felt a little warmth on the bottoms of my eyeballs!!.totally unreal. dispite being a little veiny,which didn't affect the experience, it was a wonderful cigar. 10/10

    ReplyDelete