Monday, September 28, 2009

Cain Maduro Torpedo (6x54)

Joe, once again thank you for picking this up for me.

I don't know what trippel fermented means, but this is what the website says: "Triple Fermentation is a process by which we bring the tobacco up to temperature three seperate times. This was imperative in making Cain because of the mission to make a Straight Ligero cigar."

Anyway, whatever they did, they found a winner! On the inspection, the wrapper looked a little rough with a large vein running down one side and the head of the torpedo looked a little rough. However, the flavor, oh the flavor was supreme! Tons of spice with the aftertaste of the maduro sweetness. Beautiful draw with no relights. Not too tight, not too loose. Lots of leather, earth and some cedar on the "roll" and boy did the "roll" make my eyes water. Just an all around enjoyable cigar. I would give this a 10 but the wrapper still kind of holds me up. This is a strong 9.9/10

Matt

4 comments:

  1. Matt, I agree with everything you said. Great draw, burn, spice and the maduro wrapper was extremely tasty with the perfect sweetness flavor. Cool even burn down to the nub. Smooth. In the last month I've been introducing myself to more Oliva cigars and I'm impressed with the quality and smoothness of their smokes. This one is no different. I wonder how the 6 x 60 is going to do?

    The wrapper on mine was also a little rough with some veins, but it was seamless. Let's bring this topic up later.

    I've heard, or read, that the habano and maduro were supposed to compete with the Edge. Well, the price is a little more for the Cains, but I think the two are too different to make a direct comparison. What do you guys think? What would be a good comparison cigar to the Cains? Anyway, this cigar was top notch in my book, unless our conversation on the wrapper changes my mind...Rating=10/10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally I think they were too different to be compared. The cain seems much smoother and refined while the Edge is more of a (for lack of a better term) roadhouse. Totally different nuances. Both equally good, just different. Like a blond or brunette.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As far as cigars go, I concur. However, brunettes are much better than blondes.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete