Monday, July 6, 2009

OCCS June Meeting Notes / Gurkha Coffee Review

It was great to see everyone @ Joe's Meeting. Thanks to Jeff for the use of his place again--and for picking up Valkyrie for all of us to enjoy (I thought it was a pretty good flick!). It's nice to sit in the comfort of a friend's home, without a bunch of bull-shit going on in the background, and enjoy fine cigars, great food & company, and a good movie. Nothing like it.

Thanks to Joe for the frickin' awesome Dicky's BBQ, not to mention the mind-blowing Casa Magna. I realize the Casa Magna has already been reviewed by the OCCS, but I think it is worth repeating: 10/10. Period.

On a totally different subject: I picked up a pound of ground Gurkha Americana Coffee (I think Gurkha currently has 5 or 6 different coffees out there). The Americana is pretty good coffee, although I do not think it lives up to the Gurkha name. I expected more from it--maybe to be found in one of Gurkha's other coffees, but the Americana, in my opinion, is not much different than a good Folgers or other name-brand coffee.

Adam

2 comments:

  1. That is kind of dissapointing on the coffee man. Sorry to hear that.

    Joe, again, thank you for the Casa Magna and especially for the Dickys. Great choice and many thanks.

    Jeff, as always, thanks for the great place to smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good times. Thanks again Jeff for letting us use your place. BBQ, movie and cigars - doesn't get better than that.

    Casa Magna - beautiful wrapped (oily, flawless and reddish brown), full bodied, knock me on my ass, $5.25, a little uneven burn, but overall an amazing expirience.

    Gurkha's coffee - thanks for sharing Adam. Had a chance this weekend to try and it wasn't bad. It wasn't as strong or the great flavor I was expecting from a Gurkha coffee, but I've enjoyed this morning with an Oliva V double robusto (this one started out like my first one I had several months ago that I almost threw on my neighbor's roof I hated it so much-rough smoke, dry tasting, but after 5 minutes this cigar mellowed out and I extremely enjoyed to the finger tips-I'll be buying another one for sure).

    ReplyDelete