Thursday, June 25, 2009

Don Peppin Garcia - My Father

Last night Jeff and I went to the new Alcorns store. Man was it much improved. There is so much room there it is not all elbows and assholes. The woman behind the counter said they are not done with it yet as they will be bringing in more cigars, soda cooler, etc. They had a great lounge with 3 couches and the big screen tv. VERY nice.

While there I thought I would treat myself to a Don Peppin Garcia My Father #4 7.5" x 38 ring guage. Don Peppin likes to model his cigars after the Cuban style. I have only had a few Cubans in my day and I would say he surpassed them. This is a beautiful cigar, dark, oily and firm. It had a solid gray ash and the aroma, oh, my the aroma. Very nutty, very cedary (it had a cedar sleeve) and a perfect burn right down to the nub. 10 of 10

Matt

3 comments:

  1. WOW! A very rare OCCS 10/10 review!! Another reason for me to get to the new Alcorn's. Hope they have more in stock.

    Maybe we should create a list of the 10/10 reviewed cigars by the OCCS--you know, over to the side of the blog content above the photos? Just a thought.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, that is a great idea. By the way, those are all of my reviews so we my have to get a "second" opinion. I could be grading high. I don't think that I am on these, but anything is possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An OCCS Member Cigar Review needs NO second opinion. Ever.

    ReplyDelete