Friday, September 24, 2010

Juan Lopez Corona

This Nicaraguan, from Altadis USA, Inc., was given to me by Matt, obviously my best son-in-law. I have smoked 3 of the 5 he offered, providing some experience with the smoke.

This corona sizes at 45 by 5 5/8, and is box pressed. I normally enjoy a larger cigar, and this one did not last the 3.6 mile walking tour Evelyn and I take every other Wednesday at Fenton city park. She was surprised, also, and stayed awake to tell me about it.

The first one I smoked was spicy, and stayed that way throughout the burn. The draw was consistent, and it did not bite at the end. The next two disappointed, as they were not spicy nor medium in strength, but otherwise consistent in the other areas. To me, a good cigar, but one to be experienced when I can't pay full attention to it.

Rich

2 comments:

  1. Not sure I'e heard of these before. Were these the five given to OCCS for the month of September from Alcorn's?

    http://www.altadisusa.com/cigar/juanlopez.asp


    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, these were indeed the five gifted to us from Alcorns. I can't wait for our meeting at Alcorns on the 22nd to talk about them.

    ReplyDelete