Friday, October 1, 2010

What the hell is wrong with people?

With any number of bigger troubles in the world, people complain about cigars after a baseball game.

Cincinnati fans averaged terrible attendance this year (ranking 21st out of 30 teams) despite winning the National League Central Division...and then their fans or staff called the authorities on them for celebrating their first division title, in 15 years, with cigars...in the locker room.

This is plain ridiculous. I could understand if the cigars were being smoked in the school gym after an elementary school play or on the bench after a 9 year old girl's soccer game. But this is baseball...America's past-time...a man's sport with cussing, spitting and dirt and sweet.

Maybe next year MLB players with have to celebrate with Kool-Aid and Pixie-Stix while petting kittens ans singing Kumbaya.

(ESPN's short article on the matter.)

Take care and smoke one for the Reds. Why not?

-Joe

2 comments:

  1. Sounds similar to the women on Canada's hockey team when they won it all and celebrated with cigars on the ice--can caught "hell" from "everyone" for doing so. Bullshit.

    I agree with you that this reaction is idiotic. I must disagree with you, however, about smoking a cigar at 9 year old's soccer game--as I will indeed smoke my cigars at Audrey's sporting events (and pistol whip anyone complaining).

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing Adam did about the Canada Womens hockey team. This is indeed an example of the watchdog society barking up the wrong tree. Nothing pisses me off more than the anonymous minority telling me what I can and can't do. EVERYONE has the right to their own opinion, but by God, have the sack to at least own up to it. Why would these people not give their names and be proud of their opinion? Perhaps because they know deep down they are wrong. I guess we will never know.

    Although I will not be smoking one FOR the Reds (they have become the Astros of the last decade - can't stand em', I will smoke one for the oppressed without a voice. Stand up for your rights!

    ReplyDelete