Friday, September 24, 2010

ONE PUFF REVIEW: HC Habano Colorado

ONE PUFF REVIEW: HC Habano Colorado

Wrapper: Habano Colorado-Jalapa Valley

Binder – Esteli

Filler – Costa Rica, Jalapa Valley Honduras

Size – 6x60 Grande

As it was time for my regular Friday morning cigar enjoyment, I decided I wanted a little something special. Then I saw the second (and last) sample provided by Xikar. MMMMMM, Colorado wrapper.

There were no flaws, no soft spots (in fact, this was solid like a 2x4) and a perfect cap. The gorgeous, reddish hued wrapper was gleaming with oils. It was just a great looking cigar. I again cut flawlessly with my Xi cutter and noted some pre light aromas of barnyard and coca. I started my drive and was sipping my coffee along the way.

The first third was very mellow and smooth with some notes of spice and chocolate (like an Aztec hot chocolate?). The burn and draw were perfect. The second and last third had lots of spice kick in. It was a semi-complex smoke especially in the last two thirds with lots of different aromas and flavors but the burn stayed steady.

Again, I can’t give a full review based on one cigar however; this is ANOTHER fine smoke that I will be looking for in the future. I normally don’t like this large of a ring gauge but this blend seemed to fit it to a T. What an excellent way to start my Friday.

Matt

2 comments:

  1. The habanos were very good too Matt. You lucky dog. Any word from other cigar reps?

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing yet. Sorry it took so long to respond to this but I was on vacation last week. I am not going to hold my breath, but who knows. Hopefully I will get a few more so that I can actually pass them out to you guys.

    ReplyDelete