Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cigarbid's New Look



Just wanted to see what you all thought of Cigarbid's new look. http://www.cigarbid.com/


There is a new category called Free Fall. An item is placed up for auction at X amount and you can watch the price fall and can bid at any time. However, Cigarbid will reset the price back to the original price once someone bids on the item or Cigarbid thinks the price has fallen too low. If you bid, you win. You can't see what other people bid and you don't know the quantity their offering. Kind of neat. Maybe I'll try it out one day.


Another new feature is 'Buddy's Bonus Buys' where if you purchase 2 or more items on one day with the Buddy Bonus symbol, you'll get 5% off of the Buddy Bonus items. Just don't start bidding on lots with this symbol just to save the big 5%.


The 'Lots Opening Soon' feature is no longer available. It was nice to see early in the day what was going to open and what time (so I could be the first bidder if I wanted).


I placed a bit on an item (have not won or lost yet) and my email address that Cigarbid has on file received an email stating that a bid was placed using my account. That's nice, I guess.


The overall look is more spread out than before that cases more scrolling. It seams easier to filter your search than before and you can even set up your search results to show a picture of each lot.


I guess we have to say change is good. I will say that I miss the old format's simplicity, but I'm sure I can get used to the new format.


What do you all think?


-Joe

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, I haven't spent too much time on it yet, but so far, I do not like it at all. While I agree that some of the features (Free Fall and Buddy's Bouns Buy and what I think it the best feature, the manufacture search) are nice, it takes too long to look up what I want and save as a "watch". The thing that pisses me off the most is that it posts who is looking at a particular forum. I know most of you don't read the postings from other users of Cigarbid, but I do. And now if I am looking at say a thread on the RP 1961, it states that I am looking at it. Even worse, it allows someone to click on my user name and get information on me like when I joined, when I last visited the site, what I am bidding on, etc. Don't like that at all.

    I am sure there are ways around it, but I am just as likely not to look at the forums or not visit the site again. I guess I am a fan of if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not like the new layout at all, and the new features are not worth the change.

    I do not look at the forums, but I would agree that the changes made here(as indicated by Matt), too, are terrible.

    It's ironic that we were just talking about how we all thought the layout of this website was so great (prior to these changes, of course) at our last meeting. If this is how things go, we are going to discuss how great any and all gun control laws are at our next meeting.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving it! pretty sweet looks like cigarinternational a bit,not a bad thing.. like the new catagories...........happy smoking guys......jeff

    ReplyDelete