Monday, November 23, 2009

Review: Ashton Churchill 7.5" x 52

The Classic Ashton Churchhill Dominican with a Connecticut wrapper looks like something you would see featured on the cover of a magazine. It is a large cigar and the wrapper is smooth, free of veins and the color of caramel. It is a mild to medium cigar which is not normally my favorite profile, but this was great at 3:30 AM driving to Callaway County, MO to go deer hunting. Smooth like silk and with a short finish. If you have 2 hours to spare, this would not be a bad choice to pass the time with.

I do wish it had more punch, more pizaz, but like I said, it WAS early. If this had more spice and a fuller bodied profile, my humi would be full of them. That said, I can't fault it for being mild but at the same time, I just can't pull the triger on the perfect 10. Yes, it is almost that good. 9.73258745899/10

Matt

2 comments:

  1. It's been way too long since I have had a nice Churchill--and now I know which one I am going to smoke. Thanks for the info.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try some Ashton cigars. (I'm not even sure if I have had a VSG.) Churchills are a great cigar, with the only problem being the time required to smoke them. One of my favorite cigars is the RP Autumn 2008 and have had many of those in the Churchill size and enjoyed every one of them.

    Almost a 10 on a non-super-full/spicy cigar...coming from you Matt, I may have to make this one my first Ashon.

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete