Thursday, March 31, 2011

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto


Cigar Name: My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto
Wrapper:
Ecuadorian-grown Habano Oscuro
Binder:
Nicaraguan 
Filler:
Nicaraguan
Size: 4.5” x 50
Strength: Medium-Full
Body: Full
Price: $5.00-7.00 (single)
Smoking Time: One hour

Today’s cigar is something special to me.  One year ago today my father, Melvyn Hall, passed away.  You may remember the story I told about my most memorable cigar last year

This cigar will always hold a special place in my heart because of that and help me remember an important lesson: Enjoy TODAY the gifts God has given you.  With everything that is going on in the world right now, it is important to remember the truly special things in your life.  For me, it is my wife, my daughter, my friends and family.  Honestly, as trivial and materialistic as is sounds, my cigars are included on this list.  Not so much because of the cigars themselves, but because of the experiences they have allowed me to enjoy. 

Appearance: This is a small cigar but it is very well put together.  A dark chocolate wrapper covers the tobacco and it is packed full.  The band on it is a rainbow of pastel colors with script writing on it.      9/10

Construction: There are NO veins and with it being blended by Don Pepin Garcia, you know it is well made.  Triple cap on the head.      9/10

Burn:   There were a couple that needed some minor touch ups.   Maybe it was because it is so short, I don’t know but I did have to correct the burn a couple of times.    8/10

Aroma: Spice, spice, spice.  That is all you smell.    9/10

Draw: As packed as this is with tobacco (in an accordion style), this drew like a champ.      10/10

Flavor: More spice with some leather and almost rum like qualities.  8/10

Availability: These are easy to find.  I got mine from Alcorns for 6.70/each which is pretty good.  You might be able to find them cheaper online but not by much.     10/10

Personal Overall Experience:  With the sentiment that I have for this cigar, it might be skewed.  However, this is a great short smoke and well worth the time to pick up a few.  30/30.

Total: 93/100

Matt

1 comment: