Thursday, March 10, 2011

HC Series Price Drop

I just got an e-mail from Xikar with a press release:

Kansas City, MO. - March 8, 2011 - XIKAR, Inc., a leading cigar and accessory company, announced a bold new pricing strategy for its highly rated HC Series Cigars.  This dramatic price reduction re-emphasizes XIKAR's long-standing commitment to value and fair price.  According to Jerry Dear, EVP Sales & Marketing, "the most common encounter in this age of inflation is a price increase driven by rising costs and increasing taxation.  XIKAR wanted instead to broaden our appeal and offer a wonderful cigar to everyone."  Consumers will enjoy an average cost savings of 18% per cigar repositioning the HC Series line to a compelling price range of $6-8 per cigar. 


What great news!  It is great to see a MFG listen to their customers and then ACT to benefit their customers.  


Matt

1 comment:

  1. Let me first say that I am not going to complain about “saving” money the next time I purchase an HC cigar. For the most part, I'll take whatever savings I can get when purchasing my smokes, and I agree that a price reduction on a good product is good news.

    That being said, when I see companies promoting their non-sale event price reductions in this manner, I cannot help having two initial thoughts:
    1)the company does not know what their product is worth, AND/OR
    2)the company has been charging me too much for their product in the past

    I view this price reduction as their reaction to generating insufficient profits at their old price point. Fine. At least they have the wherewithal to realize this, and they are doing something about it.

    However, do not insult my intelligence by advertising your non-sale event price reduction as your commitment to fairness. You want to be “fair”? Then give me the difference from your old price to new price on the cigars I have purchased from you in the past.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete