Friday, December 17, 2010

Top cigars for 2010

It has been a while since anyone posted and I think I know why. We have all been busy. No excuse, but still, life has a way to creep up on us.

That being said, I can't wait to escape life for a few hours tonight and hang out with the gang and enjoy some cigars. Speaking of enjoying what is everyones top three cigars for 2010?

Mine are:

1. Tatuaje "The Face" - There will be a review in a couple of weeks after I finish my 5th one.
2. Liga Privida T52 - Joe, thank you AGAIN for making that trade with me. Wow, what a great one.
3. My Father Le Bijou - I have only had one of these this year, but it was a memorable one. I smoked it on the way to the funeral home the day after my dad passed. I think I told this story before but the cigar started out great. Fantastic flavor, great burn, but towards the end it just fell apart. The wrapper was cracked, uneven burn, you name it, it went wrong. Everything but the flavor. The flavor stayed true to form and was excellent to the end. Just like my dad, his body (and the body of the cigar) fell apart at the end, but the ESSENCE of the man (and the cigar) stayed true. That was by far the most memorable cigar of the year for me.

Matt

2 comments:

  1. The Face is a tremendous smoke--thanks again for this one, Matt. This ranks among the best of the year for me, too.

    RP's 1961 is also in the top picks for me this year. Not sure when this cigar was released, but this year was the first time I enjoyed one.

    The first round of holidays can really suck after losing a family member--my thoughts will certainly be with you and your family (especially your Mom) through the holidays, Matt.

    On a side note, I suppose we should eventually take the time and review our progress on 2010 resolutions--before getting 2011's out there; and our blog has another birthday next month.

    Merry Christmas!

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Liga Privada T52 was one of my top cigars of the year as well. Others that I remember really enjoying this year are: Oliva Master Blends 1, Liga Privada Dirty Rat, Camacho Connecticut, Alec Bradley Prensado and every Casa Magna that I lit up.

    Looking forward to January's OCCS night on January 14th and another great year in 2011.

    Take care-
    Joe

    ReplyDelete