Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Review: Tatuaje La Casita Criolla

Cigar Name: La Casita Criolla
Wrapper:
Pennsylvania Broadleaf
Binder:
Pennsylvania Broadleaf
Filler:
Pennsylvania Broadleaf
Size: Corona 5-1/8” x 42
Strength: Medium
Body: Medium-Full
Price: $7.00/each
Smoking Time: Just under an hour

The La Casita Criolla created a lot of stir at the annual tradeshow this year.  The main reason:  It was made with 100% Pennsylvania broadleaf tobacco.  Every part of it…  When I first had one in August, I thought I would like it because it was made by Tatuaje in the Don Peppin My Father factory, but I had no idea how much I would like it.  This cigar is a revelation to medium bodied smokes for me. 

Appearance: It is a little rustic looking and fairly toothy.      8/10

Construction:  Well made with no seams, stems, cracks or soft spots.          9/10

Burn:   The only drawback in this cigar is the burn.  Maybe it is the 100% broadleaf not allowing full combustion but on a couple of them I had to relight and keep an eye on.            7/10

Aroma:  Earth, hay, fresh cut grass, spring-time      10/10

Draw: Excellent.  While the burn was a little tough, the draw was perfect.     10/10

Flavor: This thing is crazy good.  There was more of the hay and grass.  Somewhat salty with a hint of fruit.  VERY unique flavor.    10/10

Availability: No problems.  If they are not sold out, you should be able to find them.         10/10

Personal Overall Experience: Dang.  What a great cigar.  This proves to me that you don’t need a spice bomb in order for me to like it.  It really reminds me of the first weeks of spring when you can smell Mother Nature begging you to come outside.  It reminds me of baseball, flowers and rainstorms all rolled into one.  I could smoke these all day and not get tired of them.  So rich and flavorful I wish I had more and could make this my everyday smoke.  30/30

Total: 94/100

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment