Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, the weather will be just about perfect this weekend for just about anything you can think of to do outside. So, get outside! BBQ. Take the kids to the park. Driving range. Siesta in the shade of a tree. Have a cigar on the patio.

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs has a really good website about the history, ways to observe and other interesting facts about why we have a Memorial Day. Here is the website: http://www1.va.gov/opa/speceven/memday/

Both of my grandfathers served in the US Military, but died many years later after their service. However, I will still be thinking about them and the coutless men and women who have died for serving and protecting our wonderful country this weekend.

So, have a great weekend. Relax. And enjoy that cigar!

-Joe

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for passing this link on to us. Very interesting.

    Jeff and I have a Great Aunt (Esther Weber) that had a military career (although she passed away years after retirement), and I make it a point to visit her grave site each Memorial Weekend.

    Hope everyone has a great weekend.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of my Grandfathers and my Father served in the Army, Grandad Harris in WWI and Granddad Hall in WWII and my Dad during Viatnam (luckily for him he was based in Germany). All made it through the war to come home and start their familys.

    I will be enjoying a CAO America in honor of those lost serving our country. They fought to protect our freedoms so I think we should all do our part to enjoy them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete