Monday, June 15, 2009

Casa Magna

While golfing with Joe on Sunday, he was kind enough to bring me a couple extra Casa Magna's. This was my first time smoking one and let me tell you, it was worth the wait. In my opinion, it was also worth the #1 rating in CA. The wrapper is a beautiful reddish hue and is flawless in construction. My first taste was full of spice and flavor, medium to full. I had a little issue with an uneven burn, but was easily corrected with a little re-light. I nearly burnt my tounge with this and even put little burn marks on my driving glove from holding on to it for too long.
With a little againg I think this could put pressure on VSG being my personal #1 ESPECIALLY when you consider the value of this smoke. At $5.25 each you just can't get a better smoke (although Adam would disagree with the Edge Maduro). 10/10

Matt

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Given your great review, and given evidence of what this cigar did to your golf game, we have no choice but to smoke only Casa Magna's at the tournament.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is a GREAT idea. Maybe Joe can pick up some more of them for us (hint, hint)!

    Joe, do you know if JR's either has any left and do they give box discounts? I would love a box of those...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, there were no more Casa Magnas left as of Friday morning. They said a guy came in and bought what was left in the box that week. Although I do have enough for this Friday's meeting and have placed an order for an entire box at JRs and they will call me when it arrives (they have no clue when they will receive them). He was vague on whether they give box discounts.
    However, I do have some RP Spring Collections saved for the golf tourny--which are quite tasty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that just made my day! I am looking forward not only to Friday, but Saturday will be a GREAT day with good friends, great cigars and 100 degree heat index.

    Thank God for cold beer.

    ReplyDelete