Tuesday, April 14, 2009

May meeting

Well, it looks like it will be May 8th for our May meeting. As usual, I think Growlers will be our best bet. To insure we get a table in the back, I am either going to reserve a table (if they let me) or I will get there by 3pm to hold us a table. Joe, if you feel up to it, feel free to join me.

We will be trying the Gurkha Blue Steel Robusto (5x50). This review is from Cigar.com (let's see how right they are).

"Gurkha Blue Steel is a slight departure from most other Hansotia blends, but only in terms of price. The blend consists of tri-country filler stemming from Nicaragua, Honduras, and Columbia. This concoction is then finished with a rare, expensive Costa Rican maduro wrapper, adding an incredibly rich character to the blend. Upon lighting, you’re met with toasty nuances of earth and wood with a slightly peaty aftertaste. The finish is enjoyable and long as the thick smoke emits a cedar-like aroma. Less than 50,000 sticks of Blue Steel were produced, making this product a rare, inexpensive treat from Gurkha."

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to it.

    I couldn't help but notice Joe was sporting the OOCS shirt on Easter Sunday--I can't think of better Easter attire. Nice work.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...loking my Easter Sunday best.

    The 8th works great. Awesome! I can't wait. It feels like its been 110 years.

    I'll be bringing the Mi Domincanas for everyone to enjoy as well.

    Matt-I should be able to get there early as well, but probably closer to 4:00.

    ReplyDelete