Monday, February 2, 2009

Rocky Patel Decade Review

I realize we have discussed this cigar in the past, and the general consensus was one of almost disappointment (especially given this cigar's great reviews in Cigar Aficionado).

I must suggest, however, that you guys give this smoke another chance. I smoked another Decade at Matt's place Saturday night and was completely impressed. Rich, medium to full body, bursting with flavor from start to finish, a great draw, and what I now consider a "finger burner" smoke. I now say that this smoke is better than RP's Olde World Reserve (and in the past, I would have said that the Olde World is much better than the Decade).

Give the Decade another chance or two and see what you think.

Adam

1 comment:

  1. Finally, I get to review this again. The first time I tried this, it was a loose roll, unpleasant to tate and a hot burn. What a differance this was. The construction was beautiful with a dark, oily wrapper. On my first taste I had the distinct flavor of balsimic vinigar (one of my favorite tastes ever). The flavor evolved into a pleasant, robust, medium bodied smoke with lots of leather on the palate. Long finish. 9.5 of 10

    ReplyDelete