Monday, February 23, 2009

February Meeting @ Growler's Pub

Another successful meeting, gentlemen, and OCCS is a year old--hard to believe it has already been a year, huh? Here is to many more OCCS years to come!!

It was great to see everyone--Jeff, Matt, Joe, John, Greg, Bob, & Mark (Greg's Father-in-Law), and I hope everyone had a good time.

We are glad to have you as a member, Joe, and I look forward to enjoying countless more cigars with you in the future. And thanks for reserving our tables Friday night!

The featured cigar was Rocky Patel's Decade. I previously posted my review of this cigar, and the one I smoked on Friday was superb. In fact, it was the perfect compliment to my Cuban Sandwich.

Just to clarify:
  1. John is to host (i.e. plan) the March OCCS Meeting, which, due to Baby Hall's arrival on 3/17, should be scheduled on either 3/6 or 3/13.
  2. Joe is to host the April Meeting (Jeff will turn 39 on April 2!)
  3. Matt is to host the May Meeting.
  4. Jeff is to host the June Meeting.
  5. Adam is to host the July Meeting.

Matt-I have ordered your OCCS shirt and I will get it to you as soon as it comes in (sorry about that). And I know you will ask for a hand if you need it with any last minute preparations/chores for Baby Hall's arrival.

If it's not too much trouble, and if you do not have a problem with doing so, would everyone mind entering their birth dates in their profile (at least the month and day)? I figure this would be a good way to make sure the OCCS celebrates member birthdays in a timely fashion. And by celebrate, I mean smoke cigars.

I cannot wait until the next meeting!!!

Adam

4 comments:

  1. Friday was a excellent evening of smoking at Growler's. The evening started for me around 5:00. I arrived early and was able to ask for and receive enough seating for everyone that attended (we almost needed another table).

    This was my first evening as a member as I proudly accept to be member of the OCCS. The t-shirts you brought, Adam, kick ass! Thanks a lot.

    I started off with a RP The Edge Corojo (8/10). I beleive that this is the first time I had a Corojo. It was a medium to full bodied cigar that had an absolutely wonderful spicy flavor to it. I enjoyed from begining to end. I will defitely be revisiting this one!

    Adam and Matt arrived by now and brought the evening's ciger: RP Decade (9/10). This was also an excellent smoke from start to finish. Had some spiciness and a hint of sweetness at times.I thought this was a mild cigar and look forward to smoking another one of these in the future as well. (I convinced Rocky Patel knows how to make a cigar!)

    The next cigar I smoked was a Remedios Flor Fina (2/10). It was a Grand Corona. It had an even burn, spicy hints here and there but it was a little dry to skoke. It was fairly inexpensive, but I would not recommend.

    The salesman at JRs talked me into their own JR Modero Robusto (6/10). After about 10 minutes of battling a tight draw the cigar had plenty of flavor. It was probably the sweetest cigar I had all evening and it still had a spicy hint to it. I am intrigued enough to buy again. I would recommend.

    My last cigar I had of the evening was the Padron 4000. (7/10) Probably one of, if not the most, full cigar I have yet to try. Holy smokes! Very tasty, smooth draw, leathery, and oily. I need to smoke one of these before I smoke four others right before it. I really enjoyed the smoke and will be buying again soon and will make it the first smoke of the evening.

    Smoke 'em if you got 'em.

    -JOE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff-I'll be turning 28 on the 4th, so we'll have to think of something good for April. Shoot me an email and we'll get something together.

    -JOE

    ReplyDelete
  3. FRIDAY NIGHT WAS AWESOME! GOOD FRIENDS AND GOOD CIGAR,COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING BETTER. I'M A BIG FAN OF THE RP DECADE,BUT THIS ONE THREW ME. VERY TIGHT DRAW,COULD NOT REALLY ENJOY,SO I GOT MY TRUSTY INDIAN TABAC CAMEROON LEGEND, WHAT A GREAT CIGAR,MY FAVORITE ONE BY FAR.NUTTY CEDER NOTES THROUGHOUT, GREAT DRAW,BIG CLOUDS OF SWEET SMELLING SMOKE. MY LAST ONE FOR THE EVENING WAS MY 5 VAGES KNUCKLE. LOT OF CEDER NOTS A NUTTYNESS PACKED IN THIS LITTLE CIGAR THANK YOU ADAM FOR THE T-SHIRTS, THEY ARE AWESOME. WEAR WITH PRIDE GENTLEMEN! HAPPY SMOKING ..........JEFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adam, thank you for the t-shirt although I am sorry my fat ass won't fit into what you got me.

    As always the company was almost as good as the cigars (or maybe vise-versa). Joe, again, welcome to the club.

    ReplyDelete