Friday, January 13, 2012

Casa Magna Domus Magus Limitada

Cigar Name: Casa Magna Domus Magus Limitada
Wrapper:
Nicaraguan Sun Grown (Jalapa)
Binder:
Nicaraguan
Filler:
Nicaraguan
Size: Pigtail  5.75 x 52
Strength: Medium
Body: Medium-Full
Price: $8.75-9.50 Each
Smoking Time: Hour and thirty minutes

This cigar made my most memorable cigars list last year and this review will tell you why.  I love the Casa Magna Colorado but believe me, this cigar is better in my opinion.    



Appearance: The Jalapa wrapper has the sheen of velvet.  It is absolutely perfect and with the pigtail beautiful.  The strong box press enhances the luxury of this cigar.  It is a reddish, chocolate color that the sharp red and gold band make pop.    10/10

Construction:  Again, just great.  Solid even with a box press and no seams, flaws or soft or hard spots.          10/10

Burn:   If it were a knife, it would cut me.  It is just that sharp.             10/10

Aroma:  Chocolate, dirt, mossy and woody at the same time.  Think of a forest just after a spring rain.  Very intriguing.       10/10

Draw: Spectacular.  Box presses seem to me very loose.  This one was just right.    10/10

Flavor:  More chocolate, wood and peaty.  The second half really picked up some spice but just enough to notice, not overpowering at all.   10/10

Availability: GD limited editions!  I got my first one at Alcorns, tried it and loved it.  I went back the next week and got five thinking I would get some at our next meeting in two weeks and when I did, they were gone.  I am praying that they decide to remake this but rumor has it the wrapper is all gone.  7/10

Personal Overall Experience: I wish I had gotten more.  I can still find them online but I hate to pay for the shipping.  I may just have to bite the bullet and do it.  I know, I know, I am cheap but it adds up.  Seriously a spectacular cigar.    30/30

Total: 97/100

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment