Friday, July 1, 2011

Review: CAO La Traviata Divino

Cigar Name: CAO La Traviata
Wrapper:
Colorado Habano Ecuador
Binder:
Cameroon
Filler:
Nicaragua, Dominican Republic
Size: Divino (Robusto) 5” x 50
Strength: Medium - Full
Body: Medium - Full
Price: $5.00-$7.00 Each
Smoking Time: Just over one hour

I bought these cigars from Alcorn specifically for our May meeting.  I have had a few of them before and wanted to make sure everyone else got to share.  On to the review…  



Appearance: CAO is known for their consistency and each of the cigars that I purchased (7 total) were carbon copies of the next one.  A reddish Colorado wrapper with lots of oils and a gorgeous but simple label make for an impressive first impression.  10/10

Construction: Well made with a lot of tobacco crammed in.    9/10

Burn:   Flawless.  No touch ups needed and a couple of these I smoked while working on my deck with several moments in between puffs.  Not once did I have to relight.  10/10

Aroma:  Tobacco and leather.    8/10

Draw: No complaints.  It performed like a champ.       10/10

Flavor: Chocolate and some peppery spice.    9/10

Availability: This is a Brick and Mortar exclusive.  You are not (supposed to) able to buy these on line.  However, I have yet see a cigar store that does not carry these.  This is a wonderful idea to have such a value priced cigar ONLY at B&M stores as they are the backbone of the industry.           9/10

Personal Overall Experience: I was not blown away at this cigar.  I was however extremely pleased at two things:  1. The value.  You simply can not beat this for a regular production cigar in a store.  2.  The consistency.  Like I said, this will not blow you away, but it will give you the exact experience you are looking for with out any doubt.  This is like the Peyton Manning of the cigar industry.  A rock-steady performer.  27/30.

Total: 92/100

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment