Friday, June 24, 2011

Review: Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum Maduro

Cigar Name: Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum Maduro
Wrapper:
Honduran Maduro
Binder:
Indonesia
Filler:
Nicaragua and Honduran
Size: Robusto 5.5” x 55
Strength: Full
Body: Full
Price: $3-10 each
Smoking Time: Just over an hour 



My wife actually introduced me to this cigar when on a trip to Houston, she brought me back a couple of cigars (I love her).  One was this Alec Bradley.  I have had a couple of his cigars before but never the Tempus.  They were alright but nothing really memorable.  That cigar she brought back however was something to behold.  The way she told the story was that when she walked into the store, she asked the owner to show her some cigars with some plume on it.  He was, I understand, taken aback (as I was that my wife actually knew what plume was – that’s so hot).  Anyway, she brought me back one and it was great.  I then bought several on cigarbid for $3.00 each.    I could not pass up a deal like that. 

Appearance: This is a very elegant looking cigar with the box press and double label (one at the head and one at the foot).  There was a lot of plume on the first one I smoked and the rest of them were very oily.  There were no veins present and it looked bold.  10/10

Construction: This is not a rock solid cigar but there were no soft spots.  9/10

Burn:   The burn was excellent.  No touchups needed and it burned cool like the other side of the pillow.    10/10

Aroma:  Chocolate and nuts.    9/10

Draw: Good.     10/10

Flavor: This would be great with some coffee for an after dinner cigar.  The flavor was again full of chocolate and nuts.  9/10

Availability: Plenty.  I got mine on cigarbid for $3.00 per stick but you can walk into any brick and mortar and buy them (or similar) off the shelf.  They are quite a bit more pricy though.  And I found out that this size is only available to Cigar.com, Cigarinternational.com and Cigarbid.com.        8/10

Personal Overall Experience:  I have had a great time enjoying these and will be on the lookout for a box purchase.  This is not an overpowering cigar and in fact would rate this more on the medium side than full.  However, I just wanted to smoke one after the other.  It is very pleasant and enjoyable cigar.        27/30.

Total: 92/100

Matt

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete