Friday, August 27, 2010

Short Ash Review

Robin picked up an Alec Bradley Tempus for me while she was in Dallas. I guess she wowed the person working there b/c she asked specifically for a cigar with plume. Anyway, I wanted to throw this out there b/c I had previously written off Alec Bradley cigars for a couple different reasons:

1. I wasn't that impressed with the previous smokes I have had of his
2. Good Lord man, button up your shirt on those advertisements. Ugh, I hate those ads.

Anyway, what a great cigar. I had the Terra Novo (robusto) 5x50 and it was spectacular. Great construction, draw, flavor and just the right amount of spice.

Once my self imposed ban on purchases is up in January, expect a full review.

Matt

3 comments:

  1. I will have a VSG review up soon. But I wanted to post this as well. I wanted a new item to post and this "short ash" review might be a good idea for a one time smoke. Not every post HAS to be a full blown review, so I think this is a good alternative. Especially since we get so many samplers, we can still post a "quick ash" to maybe recommend a cigar (or recommend to AVOID) and do a full blown review down the road.

    What are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tempus, Family Blend, VSG and the Prensado are great smokes. Alec Bradley cigars run a little high for my wallet, or I would buy more of them. The Prensado is actually one of my favorite cigars that I have tried this year, so far...

    I see nothing wrong with making a comment about any cigars on the blog. It's nice to hear about what others are smoking.

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a technical note, I have come accros another blog that uses the term SHORT ASH REVIEW. I googled it before I typed it but it did not come up on the first two pages. Therefore, I don't want to take anyone else's ideas and to the guys at Stogie Review, my apologies.

    Can you guys come up with a catchy phrase for a "quick review" (basically anything that is not a full review)?

    ReplyDelete