Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August OCCS Night

Another fine night of cigars and friends at Jeff's place.

Jeff, Adam, Matt, John and I were in attendance. Rich was mysteriously unavailable (not sure what could be more important than an OCCS night) and we all hope he is doing well.

We had Dickey's BBQ for dinner and it was delicious as always.

The cigar for the evening was the Casa Fuego churchill (I just posted a review of the cigar on the blog as well and look forward to every one's thoughts).

Movies on hand for the night were American Gangster, True Grit and Patton. The thunderstorm that swept through the area was the other entertainment for the night, which caused us to call it an early evening and only watched about an hour or so of Patton. American Gangster and Patton are good flicks, but I'm still not sold on John Wayne. However, I am looking forward to the Cohen brother's version of True Grit, which comes out Christmas Day.

We talked about working on Jeff's bathroom during one of our meetings and determined that Jeff needs to pick out the tile and that the rest of us should have the rest of the other materials already. Jeff-pick out the tile and name the day.

I beleive John or Rich is the host for September.

Take care-
Joe

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the dinner and smoke, Joe. Both were superb.

    Thanks for letting us smoke your place out, Jeff. Seems like your place is becoming the official hang out--it really is the perfect spot.

    Joe, I believe there is a typo in your post--something about not being sold on The Duke?

    Jeff, pick a fucking day to fix your fucking bathroom and let us know. It'll take less time and effort than you think. Date. Pick one. Let us know.

    Looks like John is next month's host. John, if you are going to be out of town, please make arrangements to switch with someone.

    Matt, sorry about your phone.

    Rich, hope to see you at the next meeting.

    Great to see everyone.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well as far as my phone, it sucked but I was able to get an Iphone out of the deal. I am still trying to work out everything on it but so far, I am sold. I even have an application on it that allows me to keep track of what is in my humidor with reviews. Bad-ASS!!!

    Joe, I am afraid you may have to turn in your man card if the Duke is not approved. I didn't write the rules, I just enforce them.

    Jeff, thank you again for the use of your place. Always a good time and I am able to help you with your bathroom as well. Just let me know when to be there and I will be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The Duke" is ok. I really enjoy western movies a lot and he is in a lot of them. He plays a bad guy in Red River and I think that is one of his best performances and a terrific flick. A lot of his Westerns are borderline dramas/westerns and almost cheesy.

    I know I'll be scorned for such harsh words against The Duke, but it is just what I think.

    -Joe

    ReplyDelete