Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Question of the week - with observations

Well, it is official: Time flies. I was looking at my calender making sure I have everything done for Friday. You see, I have Friday off as we have friends coming in from KC and hopefully, weather permitting, we are playing golf (the invite is still open Adam and Joe) on Friday. That being said, holy crap it is already March freaking 10th. You know what that means. One, Spring is just around the corner. And two, and more importantly Evelyn will be one on Sunday. I really can't believe that.

Which brings me to my question: What, if any, gems are you saving in your humidor for a "special occasion"? As you well know, I like to hoard my puros so I have quite a few to choose from. But I am leaning towards one of these for Evelyn's b-day (not for her but for me):

1. CAO Sopranos, aged 4 years in my humi.
2. Fuente Opus X, aged 1 year (more than likely this will be what I choose as this was the present Robin gave me to celebrate our daughters birth).
3. Gurkha Castle Hall, aged 1 year (this would also be appropriate as this is the last cigar from the box I got for Evelyn's birth to hand out).
4. Rocky Patel Old World, aged 4 years
5. Tatuaje Red tubo

What are your thoughts?

Matt

2 comments:

  1. Time has certainly sped up for me as I have aged, but man, it has never flown as fast as it has since Audrey arrived. Wonder if time starts to slow down once the kid or kids are out of the house... And it's hard to believe Evelyn is already a year old. Nuckingfuts.

    That's quite a list cigars you have saved there. Not sure I have the will power to save smokes like that--especially for that period of time.

    I have a few 10th year CAO Maduro Perfectos that I have been saving for a year or two now. I'm not sure what event I am saving them for, but i am saving them nonetheless. I really enjoyed these when they were first released, even though they received less than great reviews.

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, happy birthday to Evelyn. Hard to beleive that she's already a year old. Well, I'll have to pass on golf this friday, but next time...

    I have a few cigars in my humidor that I've had for a while. I don't think that I'm aging them so to speak, just waiting for a nice relaxing time to really enjoy them. I have 2 Casa Magnas left over from last spring that are about a year old now. I have a Graycliff 1666 churchill and a Excalibur Dark Knight that are over a year old and I think both are starting to show some plume. I accumulated quite a few of Oliva IIIs and Rocky Patel Autumns (2008s) last summer and fall that are just screaming to be smoked. And of course the Oliva MB I is sitting quietly in the bottom of my humidor since last fall.

    Sunday may call for an Oliva III for Evelyn's birthday.

    Take care-
    Joe

    ReplyDelete