Wednesday, October 10, 2012

REVIEW: SAN LOTANO HABANO


Cigar Name: San Lotano Habano
Wrapper:
Brazil 
Binder:
Honduran 
Filler:
Nicaraguan, Honduran, D.R.
Size: 6” x 54 Toro
Strength: Medium-Full
Body: Medium-Full
Price: $5.00-9.00 (single)
Smoking Time: Just over and a half

This cigar was made by A.J. Fernandez and I have reviewed his cigars before (Diesel, Man O War, Sol Cubano) and I have always liked his blends.  All of those cigars though were for big distributors (Cigar International, Cigar.com and Cigarbid).  This one is his own.    



Appearance: The wrapper is a milk chocolate, toothy, oily masterpiece.  The gold and green band is simple yet with the thick paper used, very elegant.  Simply gorgeous.      10/10

Construction: Every A.J. cigar I have had is very well made and this is no exception.  No seams, flaws, soft or hard spots.    9/10

Burn:   I think the oils in the wrapper makes the burn kind of jenkey but not too bad.  I had a couple of minor touch ups but nothing major.      8/10

Aroma: There are several aspects that I like for example the barnyard, a subtle sweetness and leather.      9/10

Draw: Dead nuts. 10/10

Flavor: There was some pepper but it wasn’t spicy.  This is a great example of medium bodied with a full flavor.  10/10

Availability: Unlike A.J.’s other offerings; you can get this one anywhere.  Alcorn’s has a great stock of these.      10/10

Personal Overall Experience:  While I like the Toro size, I would love to taste this in a lancer or corona.  That being said, you can’t go wrong with the Toro.  It was very enjoyable and it kept me interested the entire time.  Great cigar.  28/30.

Total: 94/100

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment