Friday, August 24, 2012

Review: Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs a Ton Baitfish


Cigar Name: Drew Estate My Uzi Weighs A Ton-Baitfish (MUWATB)
Wrapper:
San Andres Maduro 
Binder:
Connecticut shade
Filler:
Nicaraguan
Size: 4” x 44 Petite
Strength: Medium-Full
Body: Medium-Full
Price: $6.00 (single)
Smoking Time: 30-45 minutes

So, let’s get this out of the way.  The name is ridiculous.  Over the top absurd.  Drew Estate is like that though; they make some of the most popular cigars in their Acid (infused) line and have an ultra-premium in the Liga Privida line and last year they came out with the My Uzi Weighs A Ton line.  Most of them were on the larger ring size and honestly, because of the size, I never tried one.  Later in the year, they came out with this “baitfish” size with more Ligero leaf to give it an extra kick.  I do like this size because it allows for a quick smoke when you don’t have much time.  I have reviewed others like this (Italia) and will have more to review in the future (Tatuaje Verocu #5 and Tatuaje Petite Cazadores). 



Appearance: This does have some cool packaging (wrapped in brown paper sans box) and the cigar itself looks good.  Dark and toothy, the wrapper looks very rustic.  9/10

Construction: For a small cigar, this looks great.  I would like to see more oils.       8/10

Burn:   Nice burn, no touch ups needed.  8/10

Aroma: Leather, earth and some coffee.    9/10

Draw: This burned really well and the draw was really nice and easy.  Not too hard, not too soft.          8/10

Flavor: Meh.  I was expecting more pepper and spice with the extra Ligero but it really never came on.  More coffee and tobacco.  Nothing really that grabs you.  In fact, fairly mundane.        5/10

Availability: You can find these online and at some stores.  These used to be a store exclusive but they changed that up in January.  8/10

Personal Overall Experience:  I was really disappointed in these.  At $6.00 for a small smoke like this, it needs to have lots of flavor.  It never came on taste wise.  I was able to get these in a sampler but honestly, that was enough for me.  These were not bad, just not in my wheelhouse.  There are just so many BETTER cigars out there in this size that don’t cost $6.00.    21/30

Total: 76/100

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment