Friday, July 13, 2012

Review: CroMagnon Cigars Cranium


Cigar Name: CroMagnon Cigars Cranium
Wrapper:
Connecticut Broadleaf    
Binder:
Cameroon 
Filler:
Nicaraguan
Size: 6” x 54
Strength: Full
Body: Full
Price: $5.00-8.00 (single)
Smoking Time: Hour and a half

I love reading other cigars blogs.  They give me so many different concepts to ponder and ideas on where and what to smoke.  While reading some of the bigger ones (and the ones I frequent most often) I came across the name of CroMagnon cigars.  Now, if that doesn’t scream “smoke me right now!” I don’t know what does.  I waited patiently until some more came back in stock at havacigarshop.com and picked up 5 samplers of each of the sizes.  This is a review of the big Toro size, the Cranium. 


Appearance: This looks like a baseball bat!  Big and stout, this oily cigar does not look to be trifled with.    9/10

Construction: Packed with tobacco this is solid.  The cap looks great and there are no soft spots, blemishes or veins.      10/10

Burn:   Knowing what I know from the other blogs that have reviewed this and the looks of the oils, I dry boxed this for a few hours and the burn paid off.  The burn was good and I had no problems with it.    9/10

Aroma: There was some charcoal and “meaty” flavors coming off this.      9/10

Draw: The draw was pretty good, not too tight and not too loose.  Just about right.  9/10

Flavor: Salty, meaty, and smoky.  This would be great with a smoke porter and a steak dinner.  There was a little bit of sweet malt and chocolate on the back third.  It was a nice evolution (see what I did there?) of flavors.       10/10

Availability: You can only get these right now at havacigarshop.com AND they are currently sold out.        6/10

Personal Overall Experience:  Dang, these are awesome. I rarely have a good 90 minutes or more to enjoy a big cigar like this but this is a treat.  I have heard these will be available at some different shops nationwide.  But until then, hoard all you can from Hava.    30/30.

Total: 92/100

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment