Friday, August 26, 2011

Carlos Torano Exodus “50 Years”


Cigar Name: Carlos Torano Exodus “50 Years”
Wrapper:
Brazilian Arapiraca
Binder:
Nicaragua
Filler:
Nicaragua
Size: Robusto 5” x 50
Strength: Medium - Full
Body: Medium - Full
Price: $6.80 Each
Smoking Time: One hour

Carlos Torano, in my opinion, has always made an excellent cigar.  For whatever reason though, it is rarely in my humidor.  Maybe it is because their marketing is subdued.  I just don’t know.  I do know that whenever I have had one, it has been a pleasant experience.  That is when I picked up this 5-pack from Cigarbid.com, I knew I would be happy.  
  

Appearance: The wrapper is a maduro with a toothy appearance.  There is some oil to it and has some heft to it.  The Bronze colored label is very cool as well.    9/10

Construction: Well made, no flaws, soft spots or concerns.      10/10

Burn:   Flawless.        10/10

Aroma:  Prelight there wasn’t much.  Maybe some coffee.  Post light there some chocolate and more coffee.  8/10

Draw: Good.  No issues, just very consistent.       10/10

Flavor: Chocolate with a little bit of peat moss and soil.        8/10

Availability: I have not seen these in any locals but I know they can get them.  They are all over the internet.      8/10

Personal Overall Experience: Torano cigars remind me of a good friend.  Dependable, consistent and there when you need them.  The Exodus 50th is no exception.  I really will try to make it a point to get more of these.      26/30

Total: 89/100

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment