Thursday, May 21, 2009

May 8, 2009 Meeting Notes

Thanks to Matt for the Gurkha Blue Steel--what a smoke!! Although it was not as full-bodied as I am used to with a Gurkha, it was quite a treat. Great draw, even burn, and great taste from start to finish. 8.5/10

Too bad about the loud crowd towards the later part of the meeting @ Growlers, but what can you do (I sound like an old man bitching about the damn kids these days...). Great to see everyone, and I am very much looking forward Joe's meeting.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Adam. The Blue steel was not the usual powerhouse with the Gurka line, but still not bad. It was an even burn which automaticly gets you at least a 7 in my book (nothing hacks me off more than an uneven burn that you consistantly have to relight- well that and Jon Stewart). Medium body with some nutty hints and a bit of peat on the nose. 8.5 of 10

    ReplyDelete